Wheaton Regional Park
Nestled in a forested area of Wheaton, Maryland, Wheaton Regional Park offers a variety of recreational and educational opportunities within its 536 acres.
- The Shorefield Area has more play spaces than you can imagine. After hiking, biking, or horseback riding through 11 miles of paved and natural surface trails, head to the shores of Pine Lake, which offers beautiful spots for fishing, picnicking, or just relaxing. Picnic tables and grills are available throughout the Shorefield Area. Picnic shelters accommodating up to 40 people are available by permit.
- When you’re ready for some more fun, head to the Adventure Playground, which includes endless climbing structures, swings, giant slides, a sand castle, and much more.
- The entire family will delight at a trip on board a replica 1863 C.P. Huntington engine train for a scenic tour through park woods and meadows, or enjoy an enchanting ride on the historic Herschell Spillman Company 1915 turn-of-the-century musical carousel.
- Enter the park through the Glenallan Area for hands-on appreciation of Montgomery County’s natural resources. Be dazzled by the beauty of the award-winning 50-acre Brookside Gardens, which includes a variety of horticulture displays, such as aquatic, azalea, butterfly, rose, and Japanese-style gardens.
- Stop by the Brookside Nature Center for quality programs for people of all ages, interests and abilities. The live reptile and mammal displays will enchant young naturalists, while self-guided trails take you along interpretive boardwalks and wildlife viewing areas.
- If you appreciate transportation of the four-legged nature, head over to the Wheaton Park Stables where you can enjoy an escorted trail ride, learn a new sport, or enhance your riding skills.
- For recreational opportunities, enter through the Orebaugh Area where even our four-legged family members can get their share of exercise in the fenced-in dog park. Outdoors, enjoy the F. Frank Rubini Athletic Complex that includes four softball and two baseball fields, as well as basketball and handball courts.
- For tennis enthusiasts, there are six outdoor courts, or head to the Wheaton Indoor Tennis Facility featuring six heated and air-conditioned courts.
- Strap on those skates, because the Wheaton Ice Arena is open year round and offers programs for recreational, freestyle, hockey, and speed skaters.
- Looking for a multipurpose sports field? Look no further than the Wheaton Sports Pavilion featuring state-of-the-art synthetic turf.
2000 Shorefield Road, Wheaton, Maryland 20902