Emancipation Day Weekend Open House
The Emancipation Day celebration at Button Farm will include an emancipation-themed self-guided tour accessible by your phone through our QR portal. The tour will include the farm and Slave Cemetery. Scavenger hunts, farm animals, hands-on history, vendors, and musical acts will help to round out the day.
$10 per car
The event will include the following activities:
- Self-guided tours of our living history center, including Museum Garden, Animal Pens and Pavilion exhibits.
- Musical acts.
- Vendors displaying their wares, selling products, and presenting activities.
- Miles of hiking and mountain bike trails just off of our front drive.
- Picnic tables, benches and shaded areas to sit down or enjoy a picnic at (bring your own food and non-alcoholic drink).
- Beautiful landscapes and vista for photography, painting and bird-watching, so bring your gear.
Saturday, October 31, 2020 at 12:00pm
Button Farm Living History Center
16820 Black Rock Road Germantown, MD 20874